Everyone is unique–why not your medications?
What is Compounding?
Drug compounding is often regarded as the process of combining, mixing, or altering ingredients to create a medication tailored to the needs of an individual patient. Compounding includes the combining of two or more drugs.
Spartan Pharmacy has taken the time to thoroughly train its staff on the art of compounding. Partnering with the world’s premiere compounding school and supplier, PCCA, Spartan Pharmacy offers elegant, personalized compounds, that are second to no other competitor. The raw materials used in our preparations are from the most prestigious and well respected suppliers in the world. Be wary, as not all pharmacies can make that claim.
If you or someone you know can’t seem to find relief from a certain condition, or are struggling to take a medication, give us a call. We’ll listen and work to develop a unique product or method for you to treat what’s ailing you. Here’s some examples of how compounding can help:
- We can customize strength or dosage.
- Add flavor to a medication to make it more palatable for a child.
- Reformulate the drug to exclude an unwanted, nonessential ingredient, such as lactose, gluten, or a dye to which a patient is allergic.
- Change the form of the medication for patients who, for example, have difficulty swallowing or experience stomach upset when taking oral medication. We can put drugs into specially flavored liquids, topical creams, transdermal gels, suppositories, or other dosage forms.
- There’s options for giving animals medications such as transdermal (through the skin) or flavored bites.
Spartan Pharmacy is leading the industry by offering the latest technology to better the lives of its customers.
Spartan Pharmacy is a local, independently-owned pharmacy serving the Brentwood and Bethel Park neighborhoods, supporting local communities through sporting events and various fundraisers.
3526 Brownsville Road
3520 Saw Mill Run Blvd
BETHEL PARK LOCATION
3400 South Park Road
Proud member of the Good Neighbor Pharmacy network and Better Business Bureau.